3 AC Summer Maintenance Tasks You Can’t Skip
Spring is the perfect time to ensure your home’s air conditioning unit runs efficiently. After all, you don’t want to be caught in a heat wave without a working AC unit!
California summers can be very hot. The last thing you want is your air conditioner to go out when temperatures are soaring. If you are in Rosamond, CA, it’s essential to keep up with routine AC tune-up Rosamond CA and maintenance to avoid an AC repair or replacement. Here are three tasks you can’t skip this summer:
- Clean the AC coils: The coils in your air conditioner play a vital role in the cooling process. They absorb heat from the air, which is then released outside. Over time, though, the coils can become dirty and clogged with dust and debris. It reduces their ability to absorb heat, which makes your AC work harder and decreases its efficiency. To clean the coils, you’ll need to remove the outer cover of the AC unit. Once the coils are exposed, use a soft brush or cloth to remove any dirt and debris. You can also use a coil cleaning solution available at most hardware stores.
- Change the AC filter: The air filter helps to trap dust, pollen, and other airborne particles. Over time, though, the filter can become clogged with these particles, which reduces its ability to trap them. As a result, more dust and allergens are circulated through your home, and your air conditioner has to work harder to cool the air. To avoid this, it’s essential to change the AC filter every one to three months.
- Check the refrigerant level: One of the most essential air conditioner maintenance tasks is to check the refrigerant level and add more if necessary. If your AC unit is low on refrigerant, it will have to work harder to cool your home, which can increase your energy bills. In addition, low refrigerant levels can cause damage to your air conditioner unit. To check the refrigerant level, you’ll need a pressure gauge. The ideal pressure will depend on the type of AC unit you have, so be sure to consult your Lancaster HVAC contractor.
Other Maintenance Checklists Along The Line
- Check for leaks
- Inspect the ductwork
- Clean the vents and filters
- Lubricate the fan motor
- Inspect electrical wiring
- Check the compressor for damage
- Clean the condenser coil
Sign Up For A Regular AC Maintenance Program
Most people don’t think about their air conditioner unit until it stops working. However, it may be too late to avoid an AC repair or replacement by that time. It’s crucial to sign up for one of our regular maintenance programs to keep your air conditioning system in quality condition. These programs typically involve two visits per year: one in the spring and one in the fall. It can help to prevent problems before they start and keep your AC unit running smoothly. If you need help with AC maintenance or AC tune-up in Rosamond, CA, contact Brock Heating & Air Inc. You can also keep us in mind for AC replacement Rosamond CA and other HVAC-related services in Lancaster, CA, and surrounding areas.