How Can I Prepare My AC Unit System For Summer?
When hot weather is upon us, it’s time to start thinking about how to keep our homes cool and comfortable. One of the best ways to do this is by ensuring your AC unit is in reasonable working condition. If you find any signs of damage, contact us at Brock Heating & Air Inc for AC repair Lancaster CA, and surrounding areas.
Here are a few things you can do to prepare your AC unit for hot weather:
- Check and replace the air filter: This is one of the most important things you can do to keep your AC unit running efficiently. A dirty air filter will restrict airflow and make your unit work harder, which can lead to higher energy bills and premature wear and tear.
- Clean the coils: The coils in your Lancaster HVAC companies AC unit can get covered with dust and dirt over time, reducing their efficiency. To clean the coils, remove them (if possible) and use a soft brush or vacuum attachment to remove any buildup.
- Inspect the ductwork: If your home has central air conditioning, it’s crucial to inspect the ductwork for leaks or other damage. Leaky ducts can cause your AC unit to work harder than necessary and waste energy.
- Check the refrigerant level: The refrigerant in your AC unit helps to cool the air. If the levels are low, it can cause your unit to work harder than necessary and increase your energy bills. You can remove the access panel and look at the sight glass on the compressor to check the levels. If the refrigerant level is low, contact Lancaster HVAC contractor to have it topped off.
- Check the compressors: The compressors and fans in your AC unit are responsible for circulating cool air. If they are not working properly, it can cause your unit to work harder than necessary and increase your energy bills. While checking the compressors, remove the access panel and inspect the sight glass. If you see any debris or if the levels are low, contact one of our experienced professionals for AC repair in Lancaster, CA, and surrounding areas.
- Cleaning the drain pan: The drain pan is located under the coils and collects water that condenses during the cooling process. If the pan is full, it can cause your unit to work harder than necessary and increase your energy bills. Cleaning the pan is quick and easy. You’ll just need to remove the access panel and empty the pan.
- Inspecting the blower: The blower is responsible for circulating air throughout your home. If it is functioning inefficiently, it can cause your unit to work harder than necessary and increase your energy bills. Check the blower by removing the access panel and looking at the blades. If they are damaged or bent, contact one of our experienced professionals for AC replacement in Rosamond, CA, and surrounding areas.
If your AC unit is outdated, we recommend installing a new one. For the best AC installation Rosamond CA, and the surrounding areas, Brock Heating & Air Inc is at your service.
Schedule A Professional AC Service With Brock Heating & Air Inc
Taking the time to prepare your AC unit for the warmer months can help ensure it runs smoothly and efficiently all season long. However, if you don’t feel comfortable performing these tasks yourself or notice any problems with your unit, it’s always best to contact us at (661) 917-4791 for AC tune up Rosemond CA.