HVAC Energy Savings Tips For Spring
As the weather begins to warm up, you start using an air conditioning system to stay cool and comfortable. However, running your AC unit can increase your overall energy bills. If you need AC installation in Rosamond, CA, and surrounding areas, our team of experts at Brock Heating & Air Inc is here to help. Here are a few things you can do to help minimize the cost of cooling your home:
- Schedule maintenance for your AC unit: A routine air conditioner maintenance check-up can help ensure your unit runs at peak efficiency. AC maintenance includes cleaning the coils and checking the refrigerant levels.
- Reduce heat-generating activities: Activities such as cooking and using electronics generate heat, which can cause your AC unit to work harder. Perform these activities when it’s cooler outside or use fans to circulate the air.
- Clean or replace your air filter: A clean filter will help improve airflow and reduce energy consumption. If your filter is dirty, it will clog the airflow and force your AC unit to work harder, leading to increased energy use. Be sure to replace your filter as often as the manufacturer recommends to keep your system running efficiently.
- Use a programmable thermostat: This will allow you to automatically adjust the temperature when you are away from home or asleep, thereby reducing energy usage. Setting your thermostat to only cool your home when you are there can help you save money on your energy bill.
- Keep your blinds and curtains closed: Using your blinds and curtains can help to prevent sunlight, which can help you maintain a cooler temperature. In turn, it uses less energy from your air conditioning unit.
- Consider upgrading to a more energy-efficient model: If your AC unit is over 10 years old, it may be time to upgrade to a newer, more energy-efficient model. New air conditioning units use less electricity and can be budget-friendly in the long run. Call us today at (661) 403-4305 for AC installation in Lancaster, CA, and surrounding areas.
- Use fans wisely: Ceiling fans and portable fans can help circulate air and make a room feel cooler without lowering the temperature of your air conditioning unit. Ensure to turn off the fan when you leave the room to avoid wasting energy.
- Attic insulation: Inadequate attic insulation is one of the leading causes of high energy bills. It can help keep your home cooler in the summer and warmer in the winter by adding more insulation to your attic. It will reduce the strain and cost of running your HVAC system.
- Duct Sealing: Leaky ductwork can also lead to higher energy bills. By having your ducts sealed, you can help improve the efficiency of your HVAC system and reduce your energy cost.
By following these tips, you can reduce the cost of cooling your home this spring and summer. We’re always happy to help our customers save money and improve their home’s comfort level. For more information on AC repair in Lancaster, CA, and surrounding areas, contact Brock Heating & Air Inc today!